Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Pixye's Day Trip











Monday was a beautiful Fall day so we decided to take a day trip to Dehlonega, about an hour North of Atlanta. We go there about once a year, usually in the Fall, to see the change in colors and enjoy cool air in the Georgia "mountains". We walked around the town square, had an ice cream cone at our favorite shoppe, browsed through other shops and enjoyed passersby admiring Pixye. Shown here is a little boy and his father getting to know her.


We left Dehlonega and started to Helen, GA, a town futher North in the GA "mountains" that we had yet to visit. On the way we saw a sign for

"Gold and Gem Grubbers Mine". Of course we had to stop. When we pulled into the parking lot and started to get out we were greeted by a pack of dogs that let us know that Pixye was not welcome "on their turf". To protect these dogs, we left Pixye in the car.


You buy a bucket of ore for either gold or gems and go to it. We got quite a few "gems" and brought them home. We will use them to supplement our retirement income.


1 comment:

Billye said...

LOL -- I'm sure those dogs were terrified of Pixye. But what beautiful countryside. I might just have to try to paint one of those photos.

And as soon as I saw the photo of Sandi with her hand in a pile of rocks and/or dirt, I knew she was "mining." She loves to do that!

Last I heard from Meghan she'd been back to the hospital again last night and sent home again. Bless her heart -- I don't understand it, but this is what it is. Hopfully Talya will hurry up and get here!

Billye