Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Sweet Swinger


On July 14th last year (2007) I realized every golfers dream and had a hole in one. I hit a pitching wedge to a hole about 114 yards away. The ball hit the green on an upper ledge and rolled down to the cup on a lower tier. While I did not see it go in the hole, a foursome on the next tee started yelling, "hole", "hole". And sure enough, when we got to the green, no ball was in sight. It WAS in the hole. As a surprise Sandi had the ball mounted in a specially designed trophy.

1 comment:

Billye said...

See? This blogging thing is really pretty cool, isn't it? Nice trophy -- I'd never seen it. Now to get some more photos of Pixye up and the grandkids and stuff!

See, you won't have to send out your Christmas letter -- just direct everybody to your blog!!

Billye (known in cyberspace as your dsil -- standing for "dear sister in law", or if you prefer, sil - just sister in law. Of course, sil is also son in law, so it's sometimes important to differentiate). Sandi would be dw (dear wife). You would be her dh (dear husband). Grandkids would be dgs or dgd (dear grandson or dear granddaughter), etc. etc. etc. I'll bet if you joined some Yahoo golf groups, there's a bunch of golf abbreviations too. I know there are for quilting!